Sunday 21 July 2013

CHANGI VILLAGE

Location: Changi Village
How to get there: I think there are buses like 109 that stops at Changi Bus Interchange. Google Map it. (Google Map has been a really good friend of mine recently)

Hi all! I have been wandering around Changi for about 2 days recently and I have spotted a couple of eats place that may interest you peeps:)
If you google Changi Village most likely you'd have: Best Chicken Wings, Good Hokkien Mee, Awesome Satay and so forth. Hence I'm not touching on these stuff that you can essentially find off hand online.

Today I'm gonna tell you about: Great Ipoh Hor Fun, Yummilious Fried Fritters, and awesome cheeeeeap cupcakes!

Okay, to start the ball rolling: Wee Kee Ipoh Hor Fun


I think this stall had been here for ages, but I have only heard about it from my dad recently. So being near that area, I have decided to try their Chicken Culet Ipoh Hor Fun.

  • The Sauce was rather salty on its own, so dont try it without mixing it together with the noodles.
  • The noodles were soft and chewy
  • I loved how the crispy chicken turns soggy when you mix it. It absorbed the taste of the sauce and it was heavenly
  • They served a lot of chicken, but very little soup.
  • They are really popular over there, the queue expands vastly at nights! Business was also rather good in the afternoon as the customers kept coming in small packs. 
  • I have tried their wanton mee before, but it wasn't fantastic, therefore if you're looking for good eats at this stall, go straight for this hor fun!


Next would be the Fried Fritters at Changi Village:
Honestly, I was kinda in a rush that I have forgotten to take note of the stall's name. But they are essentially located at the entrance of the Hwaker Center and I think they are the only stall selling fried fritters.
I bought a large Banana Fried Fritter ($1.20) to try and it was awesomely awesome. You know how fritters are, they are fried, oily and fatty but soooooooooooo sooooooooooooooo goooooooood and heavenly. So if you so happen to pop by, TRY IT!!!



Lastly, it would be the cupcakes I was talking about from Beccarino Cakes & Pastries.
It is located at 4 Changi Village Road #01-2072
Tel: 9763 2118
Website: www.beccarino.com
Email: ken@beccarino.com



They sell you awesome cupcakes at the price of $1.30. I bought 4: Orange Peel & Cream Cupcake, Banana Cupcake, Banana Chocolate Chips Cupcake and a Banana Walnut Cupcake. So far, 3 have entered my tummy!
  • Their cakes are rather soft and spongy. It is also full and compact unlike some that serves you loose cake.
  • They give reasonable amounts of ingredients in their cupcakes. They have toppings on top and toppings within the cupcake itself. (Just this makes the $1.30 a cupcake sooooooo worth it!!)
  • The Orange Peel & Cream was easily my favourite. The orange taste was just fine and the orange cream tastes tangy and appetizing.
  • The Cupcakes with bananas were great too! They give a good amount of bananas
  • I have to say this is one cupcake place i'd visit again.
(Orange Peel & Cream Cupcake)

(Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcake)

So thats all on my food ventures in Changi Village! You peeps should really check em' out yeaps!!!! There will be more posts to come. 

I know I have given a shoutout on insta that I'd be doing a piece on Skull & HaHa's Showcase. Buuuuuttttttt, the vids are taking sooooooooooooooooo long to upload. So I hope you guys will pardon me for the fact that I can't churn the article out by tonight, but it will definitely be up!!!!! When the vids are done, this piece will be up too :) 

You peeps can follow me @magicprince on Instagram too ^^

Love you all!! Night!!!

<3 FJ

No comments:

Post a Comment