Thursday 13 December 2012

WIMBLY LU

Location: 15-2 Jalan Riang Singapore 358987
How to get there: 105 or 58 stop right outside Zhonghua Secondary or Yangzheng Primary (It's right behind The Sunnydale, or as I usually advice if you really can't find your way, use google map! Technology is so advanced nowadays^^)
Opening hours:
Tues to Fri: 1300 - 2230
Sat: 0900 - 2300
Sun: 0900 - 2230
Contact number: 6289 1489




Hi all! You may be wondering why there has been a sudden spam in food outings these few days; Well, to start with it's the holiday season and I'm enjoying the mood and moreover, my friends are free from school so you'll see more guests here and there these few days! (Our dear May has flown to Korea for holiday today!!! *sobs* So I'll be out food hunting with my other friends!) Today, our guest would me darling Phyllis! We decided to visit Wimbly Lu after my class today. I was introduced to Wimbly Lu by a friend who told me it houses great desserts and has a very good atmosphere; I was not disappointed.



The atmosphere was calming and the open roof concept makes you feel like you've entered into a mini garden. For me, it feels like a mini getaway from the bustling city. I can literally sit here with a book and enjoy my afternoon. One thing that caught my attention was the way the service staff took down our orders; SWITCH uses iPad to get customers to do the ordering themselves and Wimbly Lu's staff uses the new iTouch to take down orders! Talk about technology taking over our lifestyles!





I have attached the menu for your reference as the one on it's web ain't that updated!





I had a Molten Lava Cake ($6) and a Brownie with Honey Cinnamon Ice-Cream ($7.50), and Phyllis had a Root Beer Cake with Vanilla Ice-Cream ($6) and a Single Tuna & Cheese Toasty Melts ($3.50). We paid a total of $25.30. I would break the review into the different food items we've ordered then I'll address the general advantages and disadvantages of the place itself.





Root Beer Cake With Vanilla Ice-Cream:

  • Subtle Root Beer taste
  • The slight bitter taste of the cake and the sweet Vanilla Ice-Cream is a very good combination (It makes you feel like you're actually drinking root beer!)
  • The chocolate sauce gives an extra chocolate-y taste!
  • The Vanilla Ice-Cream tastes really good on it's own!


Molten Lava Cake:

  • Chocolate is not too sweet; there is a faint bitter taste (lovely!)
  • The molten chocolate oozes out with just a slight crack on the top!!!
  • You definitely won't get sick eating this! It's too awesome!!!

Look at the gooey chocolate!!!




Tuna & Cheese Toasty Melts:

  • It comes with 4 slices of Japanese cucumber and diced tomatoes drizzled in salad sauce
  • The toast is slightly salty with the combination of tuna and cheese
  • The salad sauce is good and the salad itself is a refreshing touch to the sandwhich
  • But it also seems like something you can make at home without much hassle  

Phyllis was very eggcited on the sticky cheese^^





Brownie with Honey Cinnamon Ice Cream:
  • The brownie itself is $4.50 actually, but if you add a scoop of ice-cream its extra $3. I find this a little expensive really. But you get to have a choice over the scoop of ice-cream.
  • The brownie itself is hard on the outside and soft inside (GOOD!)
  • I could smell the Cinnamon once the plate was set on the table!! (Incidentally, I'm a Cinnamon fan!!! I gotta say the ice-cream was AWESOME!)




Advantage:

  • I would say that it's greatest advantage would be the atmosphere! 
  • The service staff is very polite and subtle
  • Their ice-cream is handmade!!


Disadvantage:

  • It's slightly cramp; especially at the open roof area.


Note:

  • 10% service charge applies
  • I would recommend you to go in the afternoon as they tend to be really crowded at night!
So looking for a dessert that will delight you? Wimbly Lu's a choice for you to consider! I have to say that I have accumulated a week's worth of chocolate in my tummy! But all's worth it!


(Here's a photo of Phyllis with her Root Beer Cake with Vanilla Ice-Cream!)

<3FJ


***Updates: 12/06/2013

Hi guys!!! I went back today with Joey! There's still so much in the menu that I have yet to try and hence I have decided to update you peeps on the things we ate today!
They have actually changed their menu design, so I'll just include it here just in case they have slight changes to it.



Anyways! We had a plate of pancakes with choice of ice cream ($7.50), Tiramisu ($6.50), Molten Lava Cake ($6) and a pot of Chamomile Tea ($5) and the bill totaled to $27.50.



Pancakes:

  • They serve you 4 pancakes with ice cream of your choice and a sauce at your choice as well. I had Honey Cinnamon ice cream and Maple Syrup.
  • The pancakes were fluffy, different from those you get at McDonald's.
  • The ice cream is gooooood! Spread it on the pancakes and wrap it! It's good! 
  • The syrup is sweet (naturally) and if you finish it, they give you free refills!


Tiramisu:
  • Loads of cream cheese.
  • Their biscuit is not soggy enough for Joey.
  • But for it's size, I think it's rather worth the $6.50. It's quite huge.


Chamomile Tea:
  • I am really not a good judge for tea as I hardly drink them. But one pot of tea can refill about 6 cups (plus minus) and it's shared between the 2 of us so it's rather worth it!
  • Personally, the smell of tea is always so calming and since it price is rather reasonable, I suggest you peeps to check it out too! 


Okay! That's all on my updates!!!!! I am definitely going back for the pancakes again!!!! Kya!



Wimbly Lu always allows me to take pretty photos and they constantly change their deco to liven up the mood and to give customers something fresh. This is really one of the things I love about them. It's always the little things that counts.

<3FJ

No comments:

Post a Comment