Thursday 27 December 2012

FOOD HUNT I

Location: Hougang Green Hwaker Center (the one directly next to Shop&Save)
How to get there: buses 325, 101, 161, 256, 159 (gotta walk a little from where ever you stop)

Hi peeps! This is my first little food hunt! Since it's near my house, and I'm slightly free during lunch period, I thought I take some time and do a little exploring and find some cheap food hidden over here! 

Heng Heng Mixed Vegetable stall sells good and cheap mixed vege!!


(3 vege)

Their charges:

  • 3 vege = $2
  • 2 vege + 1 meat = $2
  • 1 vege + 2 meat =$2.50

This is my favourite stall! They always give LARGE servings of dishes!! YUMZ! The stir fried meat in sauce is the best! You guys should give it a go! I have a penchant for curry vegetables; they cook them just fine and they give you huge portions of it too!!
I advise you to head down at about 1145 if you want lunch as they queue is short! The queue starts at about 1200-1210!

Next would be Meng Kee Wanton Mee! They sell Wanton Mee at $2.50. 


(Wanton Mee with Ketchup Sauce)

While Wanton Mee doesn't differ much from stall to stall, I would say that this is cheap wanton mee around my neighbourhood! It's usually one of my alternatives when I'm too lazy to think of what to eat. Wanton Mee never fails.

Lastly, it would be the Chicken Rice from Traditional Hainanese Chicken Rice stall. 


(Roasted Chicken Rice)


(Boiled Vegetables)

They sell:

  • Chicken Rice (Roasted/White), Char Siew Rice, Roasted Pork at $2.50
  • They have a chicken rice set with vegetables at $3.80 
  • They also have side dishes like fried tofu, vegetables etc at no more than $4
I read else where that they'd give your a soup of your choice if you eat in but I had a take away, so I was unable to attest to it. I would say that the rice itself is slightly dry, I'm sure if you eat in the soup would help. The salted vegetables given is a good combination with the rice! Their chili sauce is good. I would say that the chicken set meal is more worth it as if my memory serves me well, to order vegetables separately would cost you and extra $2/$3; the vegetables in the set meal is more than enough. Also their chicken meat is tender (i hate those tough ones).

So here you go my dear friends! This is a short review of my food hunt! Those living near Hougang Green should drop-by and check em' out! If you have any places with cheap hwaker food to recommend us, do comment!! Till more to come...see ya!

<3FJ

No comments:

Post a Comment