Tuesday 1 January 2013

SARANG

Location: Orchard Central #07-01
How to get there: Somerset Mrt Station (next to 313) 
Opening hours: 
Sun to Thurs 1200-2200
Fri to Sat 1200-2300
**they are closed from 1500-1700 for food preparation
Contact Number: 6773 1332

Hi peeps! HAPPY 2013!!!! *clap hands* May 2013 be a better year for all of you! Hope you all have been having fun celebrating the coming of 2013:) May and I played loads of sparkles and bubbles with our usuals in the wee hours of the morning today ^^.

Okay, wishes aside! Let me start on the review proper! I went out with one of my friends on New Year's Eve to celebrate the end of 2012 by having lunch with her at Sarang. I've heard about Sarang via word of mouth but have yet to try it as it's located at the 7th floor at Orchard Central. My impression of anything above the 4th floor in town is just purely meant for the rich, richer and the richest. But I am happy to say that my recent trip to Sarang has changed this perception of mine.




The food prices in the menu are reasonable for a 7th floor in town. PLUS! They have a lunch set promo!! This is mainly the reason why I'm writing about Sarang today! Their lunch set meals are super duper worth your money!! I have included the promotion menu here for your viewing. (The menu is in English here, but the one in the restaurant itself is in Romanized Korean) It's mainly split into $9.90 and $15.90 sets (excluding GST). It comes with side dishes consisting of: Dried Radish  Peanuts and Cabbage, and a drink. My friend and I had a Shooting Star (Dak Galbi) and Stewy Chicken (Dak Maeuntang) respectively, our bill totaled up to $23.30.


(Side dishes: Cabbage, Peanuts, Dried Radish)

Advantages:

  • They are rather generous on their servings, it's reasonable! I could not finish my set!
  • Personally, the side dishes are love! Especially the peanut!
  • They play you Korean songs (here's for the Korean fans!)
  • For the Stewy Chicken, the soup is thick! The more you drink it, the tastier it gets!
  • The chicken is Q, unlike those tough ones that some serve.
  • As for the Shooting Star, it has this very unique herbal taste which I find it very interesting. 
  • Service staff is prompt in taking orders and are very willing to answer your questions.

(Stewy Chicken)

Disadvantages:


  • The drink is kinda bitter, tastes a bit like bitter coffee. (so we had to get sugar syrup from the staff which kinda saved the drink in the end)
  • The dried radish side dish has an acquired taste, my friend didn't really enjoy the taste of it. (But it depends on your preference)
  • For the Stewy Chicken, they did not remove the chicken skin. (I'd prefer it removed)
  • Tables inside are rather cramped together, but enough for personal space.

(Shooting Star)

Note:

  • Last order for lunch is at 1430.
  • The lunch promotion is from 1200-1430.
  • The restaurant closes from 1500-1700 for preparation. 



Overall I would say that it has been an enjoyable experience at Sarang. The food's great and the service can be considered good. Though there was a slight hiccup during our request to make our drink sweeter, all's fine. We've got sweets after we paid the bill too! It's the little things that matter; something I have always believed in. So go give Sarang a try!! Lunch would be best as you get your money's worth! Till next time, toodles!


<3FJ

No comments:

Post a Comment